Job Posting: Therapist
Ruah Woods Psychological Services (RWPS) has immediate openings for two full-time therapists in its Cincinnati office.
RWPS is a branch of Ruah Woods, the originator of the world’s first K-12 Theology of the Body Curriculum. The mission of Ruah Woods is to help men and women live their vocation to love, according to God’s plan, as informed by the Theology of the Body. RWPS aids this mission by developing and providing services that integrate the best of psychological science and the truths of the Catholic faith – empowering people to more fully embrace and live out their vocation to love.
Each therapist will enjoy office space in our homey facility situated on a beautiful, wooded property in Cincinnati’s Western Hills. They will have access to the Blessed Sacrament onsite in our beautiful chapel. They will work collaboratively with other Catholic mental health professionals seeking to infuse their work with the truths of the Catholic faith. Salary will be competitive, and Ruah Woods offers a generous benefits package (including support for relocation).
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Graduate degree in mental health practice. Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., etc.) in psychology preferred but other degrees in related fields will be considered.
• Licensed or license-eligible in the state of Ohio to practice psychology or a related mental health profession.
• Extensive knowledge of and formation in Catholic anthropology, morality, and spirituality. Deep familiarity with Theology of the Body and the thought of Pope St. John Paul II preferred.
• Proven clinical skills with a wide range of patient populations.
• Operates from a relational, depth-oriented approach to psychotherapy.
• Training and experience in (at least some of the following, the more the better): o Marital therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy preferred)
o Adult therapy with addictions (especially behavioral addictions such as sexuality)
o Adult therapy with trauma survivors (e.g., integrative approaches to complex PTSD)
o Child therapy (e.g., play therapy, parent training, etc. )
o Psychological evaluations (including use of the Rorschach Performance Assessment System).
• Strong commitment to practice according to current ethical and legal standards
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as manifest in: o Networking with referral sources and other providers
o Collaboration and collegiality with Ruah Woods team
• Strong work ethic and motivation to cultivate and maintain a caseload that consistently entails at least 25 clinical hours of service per week.
Interested parties may seek more information from or submit their CV / resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Andrew Sodergren